Getting the Sync JSON:
- With the user's account info, create their sync username: http://bit.ly/mkoeRx
- If it's an old sync account there account name becomes the username
- New accounts are emails, which need:
- Lowercase it
- SHA1 digest it
- Base32 encode it
- Lowercase it again
- GET request http://auth.services.mozilla.com/user/1.0/syncUsername/node/weave
- This returns your weave server's address.
- GET request weaveServer/1.1/syncUsername/storage/crypto/keys
- Example Url from Sync 1.1 API
- All weave node requests will require your syncUsername and account password for authentication
- This returns a JSON specified here
I intend to package this HTTP connector built in Java as an open source library, hopefully it will contribute to Firefox Sync's third party ecosystem!